National Recovery Month

Painting Cabinets Make Huge Difference in a New Kitchen

The kitchen is always the heart of the home, and it's also a major factor in determining the home's re-sale value. The single best improvement that makes back the most money is painting old cabinets in your kitchen. See how a small fix can improve the mood of a space instantly. The whole house is painted yellow (ceilings included) but the kitchen was... a monstrosity. We made this kitchen more trendy and fabulous for only RM35 and some elbow grease, I think the time was well spent.

Before



After




It looks much better! Now time to ditch that counter top! I suggest looking for remnant pieces at some of the bigger box home improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, Menard's, etc). Sometimes you can find some pieces there. There are some great products out there for counter tops that are fairly inexpensive. I would also check out reuse stores if your town has one. My town has a "ReStore" where companies donate leftover materials for our Habitat For Humanity and what they cannot use they resell. It's a good place to check out for all types of stuff, blinds, lighting, flooring, hardware, sometimes paint. You do have to check in often to find what you need, but it may be worth it if you can find the things you need for a good price. Best of luck on your home!

Want to get more ideas about budget kitchen remodelling ideas, email me or pm me over facebook. Visit my website to know more about custom kitchen cabinets in Malaysia
SHARE

Stephen Ye

Hi. I’m local home remodelling contractor based in Selangor, Malaysia. I’m CEO/Founder of RS Design Renovation. I am an experienced contractor specializing in home renovations. I am a master carpenter and offer general contractor services, if needed.

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment